1. The Islamic International School - Mumbai, is managed by the IRF
Educational Trust (Regd. Public Trust No. E-14436 [Bom]). It has been
conceived, planned and developed by Dr. Zakir Naik, Chairman of the IRF
Educational Trust and President of the Islamic Research Foundation, Mumbai. He hasvisited several Islamic and educational institutions
worldwide and interacted with many experts on school and university
education to grasp their approach towards Islamic orientation, teaching
methodology, urriculum implementation and management. The
progressive and innovative insights gained from these meetings led to the
birth and development of the IIS.
2. The Islamic International School provides Muslim children excellent
quality education for their overall development. They are taught moral
values, self-discipline and various skills to face the dynamic challenges
and opportunities of life with care, confidence and commitment.
3. The school provides an environment in which the students can learn,
understand and practice their "way of life" - Islam, as they strive for
excellence in subjects like Mathematics, Science, English, Business
Studies, ICT (Information and Communication Technology), History,
Geography and others. It moulds students' the personalities according to
righteous Islamic tenets and inculcates in them the values and concepts
of compassion, truthfulness and universal brotherhood.
4. Superior quality teaching and excellent facilities at the school enhance
the students' striving for educational excellence. Alhamdulillah, the
academic curriculum at the Islamic International School is better than
most reputed English medium schools, as well as more comprehensive
than the curriculums at most Islamic religious schools.
5. Societal influences upon a child should be analysed critically. An
unIslamic environment can result in the corruption of a virtuous Muslim's
Islamic understanding, upbringing and values. It is therefore
recommended that Muslim parents educate their children in an Islamic
school to prevent them from falling prey to the bad influences and
immorality prevalent in society.
6. English as the medium of instruction and Arabic as a compulsory
In addition to formal subjects such as:
• English • Mathematics • Science • History • Geography • Language • ICT (Information and Communication Technology) • Business Studies
Subjects related to Islamic Studies too are taught, namely:
• Arabic Language • Tajweed and Qiraat • Hifz of the Qur'an • Qur’an Studies • Hadith Studies • Seerah of the Prophet • Shariah • Da'wah and others.
7. Formal subjects being taught in correlation to their Islamic context and
8. Dedicated and qualified teachers for all subjects, including graduates
from the Islamic University of Madinah and Cairo to teach Arabic and
9. Full time Child Psychologist, for child counseling.
10. Modern information and communication technology and audio-visual
facilities to impart education.
11. Extra-curricular activities like ‘Annual Sports’, ‘Public Speaking’ and ‘Listening Skills’ workshops for students, as well as ‘Personal
Effectiveness’ and ‘Upbringing Children’ workshops for parents.
12. Training in Martial Arts (Karate) and Swimming, with separate timings for
boys and girls, to enhance their physical fitness.
13. Air-conditioned and well-equipped Class-rooms to facilitate students'
learning, comfort and concentration.
14. Regular Medical Check-ups by a reputed Pediatrician.
15. Approximately 24 students per class, to facilitate better student-teacher
relationship and individual attention to students.
16. One of the world's largest and best collections of Children's Books on
Islam, Islamic Games for childrens Islamic CD-ROMs for children Islamic
Audio & Video DVDs.
17. Congregational prayers offered daily in the school by students.
18. Students are encouraged to learn and inculcate proper Islamic
19. Uniforms according to Islamic guidelines.
20. Nutritious mid-day eatables provided during short-break.
21. Classes from Nursery to Grade 12.
22. Co-education only till pre-primary section. Separate premises for boys and
girls in the secondary section.